Saturday, December 28, 2013

Project 365 - A Photo a Day

It's that time of year when many make resolutions and promises for the New Year.

Last year I even managed to keep a couple, lose weight and start a Blog about one of my passions, Outdoor Movies (which you are reading).

This year I will attempt a Photo-a-day project.  That is, to take, and post, a photo every day.

Why?
1. With both my businesses I get to travel around California and Oregon. This project will help me keep track of the people, places and things I have done during the year.
2.  I love taking photos and I hope this will get me to take more and improve my technique.

When I started thinking about this project, I Googled to see what others have done to succeed:

  • Making your intention public (like I am) increases the chance that you will follow-through with the project.  Find groups of people who are doing the same thing (project365 on Flickr)
  • Choose a platform to post to and make it easy.  If you take all your photo's with a smart phone, choose a service that you like and use it to post your photos.   If you are constantly on Facebook, create a folder with your images there.
  • Blog it, even if it just a couple of words to give your photo context.
  • Take your camera with you!


I am looking forward to the challenge!  Eager to get started I chose Christmas Day to begin my journey.

Day 1  - Christmas Dinner
I am storing my photos on Flickr and have joined the project365 group (it's inspiring to see what other people are capturing).  From flickr I will Blog to http://paultheoutdoormovieguy.blogspot.com/

Be it an iPhone, Android, DSLR, point and shoot or GoPro, grab your camera and start to tell your story, one photo at a time.

Cheers
Paul the Outdoor Movie Guy

P.S.  If you are going to attempt the Photo-a-day, let me know how I can follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment