Friday, March 1, 2013

Take Me Out to the Ball Game




We have just had the first couple of warm days this year.  Spring training is in progress and my son just started his little league practice.  Must be baseball season!  Thinking of baseball, I started to ponder my favorite baseball movie.   

From movie nights over the past few years, here are my TOP 5 Baseball Movies

Bull Durham
Field of dreams
Rookie of the year
The Rookie (the film I picked up for my son today)
The Sandlot (my wife's favorite) 

Here are some handy planning tips for your Baseball Movie Night:

When to have a Baseball movie night?
Want to start the season with a great social for your team, mid season family fun night or have an end of season All Star Game.  There is not a bad time to have your baseball themed movie night.
Sports movies are often inspiring and make us believe in team work, buddies and the church of baseball.

How to start the night
Create a super slide show of your team or league, its load of fun and the little league-rs love to see themselves on the big screen!

Food
"Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks," but don't forget the hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, ice-cream, nachos and of course, candy!  Ballpark food is sticky and wonderful and can be a great fundraiser.

Where to Host
Nothing beats watching a baseball film on the diamond, it adds to the thrill and can even seem mystical.  If you host it, they will come!

Lets play ball!

Cheers
Paul the Outdoor Movie Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment